12 janv. 2012

UNE FIN DE PARTY, VUE (VÉCUE) PAR ST.VINCENT

Un de mes morceaux préférés de St.Vincent, qui est certainement une des plus belles chansons écrites à propos d'une fin de soirée arrosée. Le genre de soirée inattendue, où on perd la tête et le Nord.

 
Honey, the party, you went away quickly 
But oh, that's the trouble with ticking and tocking 
I lick the ice cubes from your empty glass 
Oh, we've stayed much too late 'til they're cleaning the ashtrays 

Do you have change or a button or cash? 
Oh, my pockets hang out like two surrender flags 
Oh, but I'd pay anything to keep my conscience clean 
Keeping my eye on the exits, I'm steady now 

How did we get here? 
With creaks in these chairs 
Oh there aren't enough hands to point all the fingers 

But I sit transfixed by a hole in your t-shirt 
Oh I've said much too much and they're trying to sweep up
-
 
The Party, interprétée par St. Vincent, lors de son plus récent passage à Montréal; au théâtre Corona, le 17 décembre dernier :




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire